Do I qualify for a shelter rebate?
If you own or are buying your home, you don't live in a flood plain and your property is not a historical site, then you can qualify for a rebate on that property.
- Check with your local planning commission to see if they have a rebate available for your county.
- Get a rebate application from the planning commission.
- Fill out a rebate application and mail it in to your local planning commission.
- The planning commission will process your information then send you a letter that says "Congratulations you have received a rebate".
What do I do when I get the rebate?
After you have received a rebate letter from your commission you are ready to pick a shelter company to build and install your shelter.
- Use the membership roster to pick a company to install your shelter. Your shelter must be installed by a member of a regulatory association like ATSA if want to receive a rebate.
- After the shelter is installed make sure that the shelter company helps you turn in all the required paperwork for the rebate.
- Some rebate programs will allow you to pay your half of the shelter and sign the rebate over to that company. Ask your shelter company if this is an option.
- All our members will know what paperwork to file for your rebate.
Having troubling figuring out if you qualify for a rebate?
Give us a call today.